TAPAS announces the fifth International Albariño Days, August 3-8, 2016: A celebration of the Albariño grape. We are encouraging everyone to open a bottle of Albariño, enjoy the fun, and share their experiences online with the hashtag #AlbarinoFiesta.
In past years we celebrated only one day, but for 2016 we will be celebrating for a whole week - to coincide with the Fiesta del Albariño 2016 held in the small coastal town of Cambados, Spain during the first week of August. Albariño is traditionally grown in Rias Baixas, a wine region in Galicia in northwestern Spain, and produces crisp, acidic white wines ideal for summer evenings and seafood pairings. It is also grown in Portugal, where it is known as Alvarinho. Now it is being grown in North America, so we’re celebrating with International Albariño Day.
Whether or not you attend an organized event, use #AlbarinoFiesta to connect with fellow Albariño enthusiasts worldwide!
International Albariño Day Events
Check it out - now Albariño is being produced in London! With grapes sourced from Rías Baixas, hand harvested and transported to London in a refrigerated lorry, this is a unique project in the UK: www.londoncru.co.uk/wine/albemarle-st.
Upcoming events include:
- Abacela (Roseburg, OR) is celebrating Albariño Days all week long, with extended hours. August 5 is Pizza Friday, featuring a hand-tossed pizza to pair with Albariño, and other specials. Pizza orders taken until 6:00 pm, tasting room open until 7:00 pm. Gluten-free crust available.
- The Lodi Tour of Albariños takes place the weekend of August 5-7, with eight Lodi-based wineries participating. Stop by any of these winery tasting rooms to start your self-guided tour:
- Bokisch Vineyards, 18921 Atkins Road, Lodi, CA
- Dancing Coyote Wines, 3125 East Orange Street, Acampo, CA
- Durst Winery, 10173 East Acampo Road, Acampo, CA
- Estate Crush, Two West Lockeford Street, Lodi, CA
- Harney Lane Winery, 9010 East Harney Lane, Lodi, CA
- Jeremy Wine Company, 6 West Pine Street, Lodi, CA
- Klinker Brick Winery, 15887 North Alpine Road, Lodi, CA
- Oak Farm Vineyards, 23627 Devries Road, Lodi, CA
Watch this space for more details and events! If you're interested in organizing an event or becoming a sponsor, please contact TAPAS!
Wines & Vines is our Premier Media Sponsor!
Thanks to our Transportation Sponsor!