Join the Sanchos! Get news and info!
Follow us on Twitter
July 22, 2014 | Heidi Stine
Our first member from Idaho! Continue »
June 10, 2014 | Heidi Stine
Oregon Wine Press profiles TAPAS members at the 2014 Grand Wine Tasting Continue »
March 2, 2014 | Heidi Stine
Sustainably farmed in Clarksburg Continue »
International Albariño Day
August 2, 2014
TAPAS announces the third International Albariño Day, August 2, 2014: A celebration of the Albariño grape. We are encouraging everyone to open a bottle of Albariño, enjoy the fun, and share their experiences online with the hashtag #AlbarinoFiesta.
International Albariño Day was inspired by the Albariño Wine Festival held in the small coastal town of Cambados, Spain during the first week of August. Albariño is traditionally grown in Rias Baixas, a wine region in Galicia in northwestern Spain, and produces crisp, acidic white wines ideal for summer evenings and seafood pairings. It is also grown in Portugal, where it is known as Alvarinho. Now it is being grown in North America, so we’re celebrating with International Albariño Day.
Whether or not you attend an organized event, use #AlbarinoFiesta to connect with fellow Albariño enthusiasts worldwide!
International Albariño Day Events
Watch this space for details on upcoming events! If you're interested in organizing an event or becoming a sponsor, please contact TAPAS!
July 28-August 3 - Abacela Winery will celebrate all things Albariño during their "Albariño Semana" Celebration. The tasting room will be open from 11 am to 6 pm (7 pm on friday) with special tastings and events focused on our favorite white Iberian grape... Albariño! 12500 Lookingglass Road, Roseburg, OR 97471.
- Thursday through Sunday - Complimentary tasting of our Albariño and Albariño Roble, wine by the glass specials, Spanish cheeses and Spanish tapas plates available from the kitchen.
- Friday - Pizza Friday (12-6:30 pm) with Albarino-paired pizzas from our Spanish horno oven. Yellow Capsule Wagon Tour at 2 pm with focus on our Albariño in the vineyard.
- Saturday - Live music with Neil Johnson (1-4 pm), Albariño Spectrum Tasting; wine & tapas
- Sunday - Live music with Joe Ross (1-4 pm), Albariño Spectrum Tasting; wine & tapas
July 28-August 3 - In California's Santa Barbara Wine Country of California, two restaurants are celebrating:
- Chef Budi Kazali of the Ballard Inn, Ballard, CA will be featuring a special course paired with Albariños from Longoria Wines and Verdad.
- Chefs Matt & Jeff Nichols of The Red Barn in Santa Ynez, CA will also be featuring a special course to be paired with the same two wines.
August 2 - In celebration of Albariño Day, four tasting rooms in downtown Los Olivos will be pouring their current vintages of Albariño: Longoria Wines, Verdad, Tre Anelli and Cinque Stelle.